Over to Maureen now who is going to tell us all about her business and her love for animals.
1. Firstly, please introduce yourself and tell us a little about where you are based, for example in which country and part of that country? My name is Maureen McCarthy and I own Love and Kisses Pet Sitting, LLC in Indian Trail NC. We service Indian Trail NC, Weddington NC, Waxhaw NC, Wesley Chapel NC, Monroe NC, Stallings NC, and most surrounding areas.
2. Please tell us about your pet business and how it came about? I opened my business in Oct 2006 and have never looked back. I have always worked with animals. I owned a dog grooming business in NY for many years. When I move to NC I thought about grooming again however, as you get older, your body will tell you what you can and can’t do. Dog grooming is very hard work (back breaking).
3. Have you always loved animals? I have ALWAYS had a love for all animals. My mom always told me and others that I used to ALWAYS bring home all the stray pets I would find in the streets.
4. Please tell us a little about any pets that currently live with you and if they ever get into any mischief? I have 2 black labs Buddy and Snuggles and a little Schnegal (schnauzer/beagle) Molly. Molly rules the house as far as all my dogs go. They all love each other and get along wonderfully.
5. What first interested you in setting your business up? I had a trip planned to go to NY for a family wedding and I only had my one dog Buddy at the time. I did not know anyone whom I could leave my dog with so I thought I would do what I thought everyone else did… put him in a kennel.
Well he was there for 5 days and when I picked him up he had cuts all on his nose from trying to get out of the cage he was in…I was so upset. I felt bad that he must have been trying to get out of the cage for 5 days. It was not until 2 days later when the mail man came to the door that Buddy started barking BUT HE HAD NO BARK! All I could think of was he must have been barking and barking so much in the kennel that he had NO BARK LEFT. That was it for me never, ever kenneling him ever again. That is when I decided to start my own IN HOME PET SITTING BUSINESS so that NO other dog would have to go through what my dog did.
6. What do you love about your work? I love that all my fur clients get to stay in the comfort of their own homes when their moms and dads go out of town or work long hours because we can be there for them.
7. Do you have any plans for the future in terms of expanding your business? We have been growing because clients are so happy and they tell 2 friends and then they tell 2 friends and so on and so on…LOL. We will always be here for caring for the pets. In the beginning it was only me and now I have 10 employees who also have a huge space in their hearts for all the dogs and cats and domestic pets that we care for. I do not hire Independent Contractors I hire employees so that I can train them and know where they are at all times with my pet sitter software.
8. Finally, if people want to learn more about you and your website do you have a Facebook page or Twitter profile where they can learn more?
Google + Love & Kisses Pet Sitting