For many families, just thinking about sorting out, buying and handing over gifts for humans on Christmas days is enough without thinking about our friends in the animal kingdom too, but for many others, Christmas day wouldn’t be complete without an offering to the pets in the household. To make that decision easier when the mayhem of Christmas unfolds, here are a few ideas to get you started on pet pressies.
- Food is always a winner, and an extra helping of your pet’s favourite food is a sure-fire way to please your pet on Christmas morning. With it being a one-off occasion, you can also afford to spoil them a little with their favourite treats, even ones you already have a store of.
- For dogs, the obvious choice is a sparkling new chew toy to replace the no doubt frayed, torn and battered ones that lie around the house as testament to the playfulness of your pet! There are literally thousands to choose from, and some even benefit your dog’s health with regards to dental hygiene and/or diet. Online is a good place to look, and is where the choice really becomes astounding.
- If you only have one pet, an amazing way to do something nice for your pet would be to get them a companion, especially if they receive little attention during the working day. Of course this suggestion is one to be strictly considered before going through with, as with any decision regarding bringing a new animal into the home.
- For cats and dogs, pet houses can be a good present, especially for warmer climes and the summer months. Dog kennels and cat cabins these days are well made and easy to install, making them a relatively stress-free way to treat your pet.
- There are a whole host of companies out there that put together special gift packs for pets, containing food treats, toys relevant for the pet in question and other goodies, which are a fantastically easy way to buy for your pet in stocking form!